Sunday, August 2, 2009

Bruised Peach Tart

The gorgeous tart pictured here was not made by me, but by C'est La Vegan. My version is super fast, super simple, and tastes amazing. Sadly, it's not quite this pretty.

Late summer tarts are one of my favorite ways of using the plethora of fruit that seems to ripen all at once. Of course, freezing some of this fruit is a great solution, too, since then you can wait until the weather's cold before you turn on the hot oven.

Either way, I find that peaches bruise easily. When I'm eating a peach, I want it to be the perfect experience of story books: juice running down my chin, with cool bright flesh of the perfect consistency. No soft, brown spots. Those peaches, still wonderfully sweet, go into tarts.

3 Minute Bruised Peach Tart

Preheat oven to 350.
  • 1 prepared pie crust
    I buy mine frozen and I'm not ashamed to admit it. If you've got the oomph, click here for a good crust recipe.
  • 2 small, imperfect peaches, sliced
  • 1 Tbsp margarine (non-hydrogenated), chopped into 8 chunks
  • 1 Tbsp unprocessed sugar
  • 1 Tbsp plain soy milk
  • 1 delicate spiral blackstrap molasses
Arrange peach slices on crust, sprinkle sugar and soy milk, and place tiny pats of margarine on top of the slices. Swirl the blackstrap molasses (magic ingredient!) on top, and fold the edges of the crust over the fruit. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the filling bubbling.

Cool and enjoy. Impress your loved ones with this quick treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment