Friday, January 29, 2010

Wild Food & Wild People in San Fran

My little heart is warmed by the great outpouring of people working on the Vegan Bake Sale for Haiti. And still, just for a moment, I'm wishing I were in San Francisco.

That's because of the San Francisco Underground Farmer's Market, where food gatherers and producers who aren't certified and who don't work in commercial kitchens can offer their wares for a suggested donation. I'd love to cut out all the extra costs and let people pay what they think an item is worth!

The underground market was brainchild of Iso Rabins, a wild forager, and the founder of ForageSF, who run a "CSF" or Community Supported Foraging. Wouldn't you love to get a wild distribution as beautiful as the box pictured?

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful collection of edible delights! We I see/read things like this I really miss SF! Sometimes they have a little magic we don't always have access to in NY.
    Love your blog!
    Matthew

    ReplyDelete